This event is open to the public – there are Stand Up Paddle events for all ages and ability levels, Paddle Board demos, and certified instructors on hand to introduce you to SUP!
Fantastic prizes from event sponsors – GoPro, Surftech, Peace and Pacific Paddle will be awarded each Race Sunday to the following classes:
• SUP Fun Relay
• Sprint Race MEN
• Sprint Race WOMEN
• Distance Race MEN
• Distance Race WOMEN
There are a total of 5 Race Sundays, with the first that was held on December 11 and continuing until February 26, 2012.
A championship format for the Elite Sprints and Distance race will award accumulating points for the 5 race days. On February 26, 2012, the Paddle for Peace Champion Man and Woman will be awarded new SURFTECH SUP Boards and Paddles. So show up for the races and GOOD LUCK!!
Race #1 was held on Sunday at 9:00 am, December 11, 2011, at El Baracuda, Puerto Vallarta and included the following races:
• Elite SUP Sprint race – This exciting race took the racers from a Gran Prix beach start thru a short 500 meter course marked by buoys, a 3km Paddle.
• SUP FUN Relay Race – Teams of 5 people shared one SUP Board and Paddle, one by one the team navigated a very short, 200 meter paddle.
• SUP Distance Race – Participants paddled up along the stunning shoreline of Puerto Vallarta's Malecon to Olas Altas and back to El Baracuda, a 7km Paddle.
Schedule of Races:
• Race #2 - January 8, 2012, Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit
• Race #3 - January 29, 2012, Bucerias, Nayarit
• Race #4 - February 12, 2012, La Cruz, Nayarit
• Race #5 - February 26, 2012, with the Grand Finale Party information to be announced.
All proceeds from these event go to PEACE Mexico. PEACE works hand in hand with communities in Mexico to provide holistic education combined with community action programs that enable people to improve their quality of life as well as their financial stability.
Pacific Paddle Surf is the premier provider of stand-up paddle board instruction and Paddle Surf Vacations in Jalisco and Nayarit, Mexico. We offer day trips to week long Paddle Vacations with customized itineraries, group clinics and one-on-one instruction for all skill levels, from certified instructors. The only certified SUP intructors in Mexico! call us now at (329) 298-1057 or cellular 044-322-123-3034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
If you would like to donate directly to the non-profits in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit, here are some suggestions you may want to consider to help our local communities in this time of greatest need.