This is YOUR CHANCE to be Part of the First Annual Bougainvillea Festival
Lazaro Cardenas in Old Town Puerto Vallarta becomes an Artisan Pavilion starting this coming Friday, May 17, during the Bougainvillea Festival (Festival de Bugambilia). Activities go on through the following Saturday, May 25! Food, décor, jewelry, traditional Mexican candy, fashion, art, and much more.
The Vallarta Garden Club has a pavilion in a prime location all week where we'll be promoting the beautification of Puerto Vallarta and also raising funds to assure we can continue our activities.
• Selling bougainvillea plants,
• Encouraging people to join the Garden Club with a special Rest-of-the-Year donation of just 100 pesos including a bougainvillea,
• Touting the planter and tree tile commemoration project, and
• TAKING ANY CONTRIBUTIONS SUPPORTERS WILL GIVE.
We will staff our pavilion every night during the festival from 5:00 pm until 9:00 pm.
And the Club and Festival need your help!
We'd like two people for two two-hour shifts each night: 5:00-7:00 and then from 7:00 until 9:00 pm. (Most of the festival activities are in Lazaro Cardenas Park all day and last later into the evening so you'll be able to participate in the fun before or after your shift!)
Indicate which shift you will do by sending a reply to Bonnie Mott. (Of course you can choose more than one!)
• Friday, May 17 5:00-7:00 * Friday, May 17 7:00-9:00
• Saturday, May 18 5:00-7:00 * Saturday, May 18 7:00-9:00
• Sunday, May 19 5:00-7:00 * Sunday, May 19 7:00-9:00
• Monday, May 20 5:00-7:00 * Monday, May 20 7:00-9:00
• Tuesday, May 21 5:00-7:00 * Tuesday, May 21 7:00-9:00
• Wednesday, May 22 5:00-7:00 * Wednesday, May 22 7:00-9:00
• Thursday, May 23 5:00-7:00 * Thursday, May 23 7:00-9:00
• Friday, May 24 5:00-7:00 * Friday, May 24 7:00-9:00
• Saturday, May 25 5:00-7:00 * Saturday, May 25 7:00-9:00
Be sure and wear some bougainvillea in your hair or on your hat!
We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your help in making Puerto Vallarta the "City of Bougainvilleas."
Read related story.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
How You Can Help
Partners for Change
PVAngels.com is a unique blend of community awareness through the posting of local news and events, formal introductions to the charities and their needs, online fundraising, social networking and giving back. Ready to change the world? Join us.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance a more in-depth understanding of critical issues facing the world. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 USC Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information click here. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.