Suggestions for Family Vacation with the Kids in Puerto Vallarta
When Gary Beck was asked about suggested activities and vacation tips when traveling with a 5 year old to Puerto Vallarta, he lists some great alternatives for kids that the adults will also enjoy.
• Vallarta Zoo, located in Mismaloya Village just south of Vallarta. Great for kids and adults alike. See some baby animals whose species they are preserving.
• Vallarta Botanical Gardens. Wonderful hikes through the jungle, well marked with paths. Plus a good restaurant to have some pizza or other items.
• Los Arcos Amphitheater on the Malecon. Many evenings there are clown acts which the kids roar about, scream and laugh.
• Whale watching if in season. Check with Ocean Conservancy, Oscar Rito and our own superstar Keith May. Safe for children with the thrill of a sighting!
• Boat cruise along the shore, from Marina or Playa Los Muertos south to los Arcos for fish viewing and scuba if desired, on to Las Animas, Caletas and Yelapa where lunch may be scheduled. Some villages along there have horseback riding at a gentle pace, even ride up [or walk] to the waterfalls. Ocean Grill south of Boca at Playa Colomitos is super for kids and small beach would entertain them in addition to the fine food...even the hamburger!
• Marigalante Pirate Ship. We took a night cruise, day ones are available and better suited for kids, and the show was fun, food was surprisingly good and then the fireworks before heading home.
• Most kids love malls, so take them to Galerias Vallarta across from the cruise ships. No description needed here.
• Consider a movie. We are blessed now with some fine houses, some films in English, and the mall above supplies the finest experience for me.
• Much as I hate to say it, All Inclusive resorts are a good choice for young finicky eaters. Many times items are geared toward Anglos not looking to explore this country's super cuisine.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
How You Can Help
Partners for Change
PVAngels.com is a unique blend of community awareness through the posting of local news and events, formal introductions to the charities and their needs, online fundraising, social networking and giving back. Ready to change the world? Join us.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance a more in-depth understanding of critical issues facing the world. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 USC Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information click here. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.