Jalisco Ministry of Health Announces Surgical Medical Conference
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco - For the third year, the Jalisco Ministry of Health (SSJ) will start the Medical Surgical Conference which aims to perform surgery free of charge to those poor people who have diseases of low complexity; the goal is to reach more than 2,500 operations.
Specialties to which people can access are: general surgery, dermatology, reconstructive surgery, gynecology and ophthalmology. In the area of orthopedics, knee and hip prosthesis procedures can be performed and in the ophthalmology category, cataract problems will be corrected along with awarding 400 corrective lenses.
"The most important thing is that all patients who go to health centers for any reason can be assured that the prime objective is to solve their conditions," said the Director of Supervision and Department of the SSJ, Mario Martin Orozco.
Some of the participating hospitals are:
• Hospital General de Occidente (HGO)
• Hospital Materno Infantil “Esperanza López Mateos” (Maternal & Childrens Hospital)
• El Instituto Dermatológico “José Barba Rubio” (Dermatology Institute)
• El Instituto de Cirugía Reconstructiva “José Guerrerosantos” (ICR - Reconstructive Surgery)
• La Clínica del Varón (Male Clinic)
• Lagos de Moreno, Tepatitlan de Morelos, Yahualica, La Barca, Ciudad Guzman, Autlán, Puerto Vallarta, Cocula, Ameca and Magdalena.
Nosocomial of First Contact:
• Colotlán, Huejuquilla, Ojuelos, Encarnación, San Juan de los Lagos, Teocaltiche, Atotonilco, Jocotepec, Tamazula, Sayula, El Grullo, La Huerta, Cihuatlán, Mascota y Tomatlán.
Obstetric and Neonatal Units:
• Tala, Zapotlanejo, Ocotlán and San Miguel El Alto.
The health centers will be open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 8:00 pm and the hospitals from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm. For more information, telephone (333) 030-5000, ext. 35390.
Translated and edited by Team Angels
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
How You Can Help
Partners for Change
PVAngels.com is a unique blend of community awareness through the posting of local news and events, formal introductions to the charities and their needs, online fundraising, social networking and giving back. Ready to change the world? Join us.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance a more in-depth understanding of critical issues facing the world. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 USC Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information click here. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.