Puerto Vallarta to Host Third Global Health Travel Forum
The beautiful Mexican coastal city of Puerto Vallarta is hosting the third Health Travel Forum in Mexico, bringing together facilitators, travel agencies, insurance companies, medical financing companies and specialized medical doctors from Latin America, Mexico, the United States and Canada.
The goal of the Global Forum on Medical Tourism, meeting from August 22-24, 2012, is to increase knowledge regarding global trends in medical tourism industries.
National and international experts on health topics as well as facilitators understand the business opportunities available throughout Mexico and Latin America, whose medical tourism infrastructure is as successful as those found in India and Thailand.
"Excellent medical services and hospitals match quality offered by prestigious hospitals around the world," states Carlos Arceo Real, President of Foro Global Medical Tourism and the Association of Mexican Medical Tourism. "I want to put Mexico on the world map as one of the leading destinations for medical tourism."
Mexico already has many Joint Commission International accredited hospitals and nationally certified hospitals adhering to international standards of care. "We offer opportunities for medical services in border cities close to the United States, or in many of our gorgeous tourist destinations, whether you find them in Cancun, our colonial cities, or along our Baja coastline," says Real.
Pramod Goel, CEO and founder of PlacidWay, a leading international medical provider based in Denver, Colorado, is also attending and speaking at the event. "Mexico offers excellent transportation opportunities to international travelers. The country has gained a well-earned reputation as a leader for medical services, competitive pricing and expert medical doctors and surgeons recognized around the world for their skill and experience."
Increasing numbers of Mexican and Latin American clinics, facilities and hospitals are striving toward international accreditation, and already offer quality and excellence in patient care and standards. Mexican facilities and surgeons are equipped and trained in the latest generation of technology.
"The third 2012 Global Forum on Medical Tourism focuses on generating social networking and potential business opportunities and meetings among the 300 individuals attending from the Western Hemisphere," says Real.
Medical facilitators, supplies, vendors and providers recognize the growing trend of cross-border medical and health care. Networking opportunities in this niche market offer attendees numerous advantages as the medical tourism trend continues to grow on a yearly basis.
Top picks from the Conferences & Expo Agenda
• Limitations, Challenges and Advances for the Developments of Medical Tourism in Mexico
• Vision and Perspectives of Miguel Aleman's Foundation Over the Tourism Industry in Mexico
• What is Mexico Lacking to Consolidate Itself as a Global Destination on Medical Tourism?
• How to Become a Successful Facilitator on Medical Tourism?
• Colombia: Tourist Strategy in a Zone At Conflict
• How Costa Rica Achieved to Became a Globally Well Recognized Country-Brand on Medical Tourism?
• The Niche of Health and Wellbeing Linked to Luxury Cruises
• Retirees: Potential Market for Medical Tourism and Real Estate
• How to Design Marketing Strategies to Attract Medical Tourism?
Top topics and speakers
• The Impact of Health Reform in the U.S. on Medical Tourism by Roy Ramthun, White House Former Advisor
• What can Mexico Learn from Thailand by Kiki Bright, Thailand Medical Travel & Tourism
• Medical Tourism, a New Business Opportunity Between Mexico and United States by Albert Zapanta, President of USA/Mexico Chamber of Commerce
• Canadian Medical Tourism: Mexico Can be the Key Destination by Maurice JP Piché, Senior Business Advisor
• Online Branding: "Mexico Medical Tourism" by Ramón F. Loretan, Executive director of MexConnect
• Medical Tourism Arrival Destination Management Services in Mexico by Pinar Ayan, Medica sur Hospital
For the detailed agenda (in spanish), click here.
LEARN FROM EXPERTS! Space limited to 300 attendees!
For more information, contact Carlos Arceo, President for the GFMT, (322) 299-3001 or (322) 299-1839, or to contact PlacidWay for more information, click here.
PlacidWay is a leader in the medical tourism industry, dedicated to offering accurate, up-to-date information and resources regarding medical travel, international medical providers, treatments, procedures and destinations for American and international travelers.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
How You Can Help
Partners for Change
PVAngels.com is a unique blend of community awareness through the posting of local news and events, formal introductions to the charities and their needs, online fundraising, social networking and giving back. Ready to change the world? Join us.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance a more in-depth understanding of critical issues facing the world. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 USC Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information click here. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.