The Civil Association “Museo de Historia Puerto Vallarta”, in its purpose of providing our city with an enclosure to house its historical, artistic and cultural testimonies, invites you to participate in the noble social effort that will lead us to acquire a worthy and accessible building.
We conceive the House Museum of Puerto Vallarta as an open book in which our own and visitors can read the past of our community in its diverse stages; as well as appreciate its manifestations in the fields of art, culture, society and knowledge of the environment, among others.
We consider that our history, culture and idiosyncrasy are important features that distinguish us from other tourist centers, give us added value and that it is important to make them known.
The interest in the creation of this precinct was born out of the need to raise awareness among young people to preserve and learn about their history.
The Civil Society considers the need to act to create an enclosure where besides being a tourist and cultural attraction, could be the safeguard of treasures that otherwise would be lost in time and in inadequate places.
The Museum will be divided into specific areas:
• Aztatlan and the vestiges of Ixtapa Jalisco
• The founders and their families
• Their mayors and a brief history of what was achieved in their administration
• Luis Vallarta Ogazon Award and its winners
• “The Night of the Iguana”, Filming and its Protagonists
• Richard Burton and Liz Taylor’s Romance, Kimberley House
• Families that have changed the course of Vallarta
• Collections of 100 cameras
• Collection of 5,000 postage stamps of Mexico, United States of America and Art
• Collection of Mexican Coins
• Art Gallery where a piece of each author from Vallarta or who has lived here will be exhibited
• Area of Conferences and cultural talks
• Graphic Library, with 1,200 National Geographic
From 1922 until now and 100 photography books
• Souvenir Area and cafeteria
Being a Partner for Change can have a different meaning and application to each of us depending on our role, our location, our clients, our relationships. But no matter where you are or who you are, you can be a Partner for Change. Click here to get started today.
|Multimedia Artist JR on Why Art Is a Potent Tool for Hope|
Famed for enormous black-and-white portraits that are pasted on surfaces ranging from the Louvre to the US-Mexico border wall, multimedia artist JR continues to tackle ambitious projects. Read more >>>
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
From activities like hiking, swimming, bike riding and yoga, to restaurants offering healthy menus, Vallarta-Nayarit is the ideal place to continue - or start - your healthy lifestyle routine.