The Fundacion Mexicana Para la Planeacion Familiar (Mexfam) is dedicated to improving the quality of life of the population, through the provision of quality services in Sexual Health and Reproductive and comprehensive sexuality education with a of gender, rights and construction of citizenship.
In 1969, Mexfam affiliated with the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) within the Western Hemisphere Region (WHR), an organization that seeks to improve the health of women, men, and youth in Latin America and the Caribbean by strengthening the capacity of local organizations to provide high quality Sexual and Reproductive Health services.
In the world, IPPF brings together 118 institutions in 142 different countries, of which Mexfam is the only affiliate in Mexico.
Mexfam is a civil society organization that contributes to improving the quality of life of vulnerable populations through social programs, comprehensive sexuality education, and sexual and reproductive health services; as well as the promotion of justice and the exercise of sexual and reproductive rights.
To be a self-sustaining, recognized and innovative organization that generates and disseminates knowledge; and empowers people, especially girls, adolescents and women, to make autonomous, free and informed decisions in their sexual and reproductive lives.
Strengthen social programs and work in Mexfam's communities
• Increase preventive and self-care practices related to sexuality, through comprehensive sexuality education, as the guiding principle of Mexfam's intervention methodology.
• Promote access to sexual and reproductive health services and gender-based violence for communities in vulnerable situations.
• Train peer community educators for the sustainability of the intervention.
• Strengthen the linkage strategy between social programs with Mexfam's fixed clinics, and public and private health service delivery points.
Contribute to ensuring that people's sexual and reproductive rights are respected, protected, promoted and guaranteed by the Mexican State, within a framework of reproductive justice
• Influence laws and public policies at the global, regional, national and subnational level.
• Promote social participation for the empowerment and construction of citizenship.
• Build and strengthen alliances and inter-institutional and international relationships with key actors to promote priority issues of the organization.
* Achieve the financial sustainability of Mexfam
• Design and implement a business and investment model to increase the profitability of the Medical Units.
• Optimize the Foundation's annual spending budget.
• Strengthen fundraising strategies to obtain labeled and unlabeled resources for Mexfam.
Promote institutional strengthening in all substantive areas of the organization
• Strengthen the Human Capital area to recruit and develop the most suitable talent for Mexfam.
• Design and implement a transversal model of internal and external communication of the organization.
• Develop and execute a monitoring and evaluation mechanism to ensure compliance with Mexfam's strategic goals and objectives.
Investigate pressing needs of the target population, generating knowledge, methodologies and innovative models for care
• Carry out diagnostic studies that identify unmet needs of the key population and guide their solution.
• Document new care models for internal execution and external dissemination. Mexfam's social intervention methodology is aligned with the 2030 Global Agenda for Sustainable Development of the United Nations (UN) where one of the strategic lines is the promotion of Human Rights - Sexual and Reproductive Rights.
The IPPF is a locally owned, globally connected civil society movement.
We work to ensure people are free to make choices about their sexuality and wellbeing, in a world free from discrimination.
Building on a proud history of 70 years of achievement, we commit to lead a locally owned, globally connected civil society movement that provides and enables services and champions sexual and reproductive health and rights for all, especially the under-served.
Our Member Associations
IPPF works in over 145 countries delivering sexual and reproductive healthcare through our IPPF Member Associations.
Being a Partner for Change can have a different meaning and application to each of us depending on our role, our location, our clients, our relationships. But no matter where you are or who you are, you can be a Partner for Change. Click here to get started today.
|Mexico’s Supreme Court Decriminalizes Abortion Nationwide|
The Associated Press
Mexico’s Supreme Court has decriminalized abortion nationwide, two years after ruling that abortion was not a crime in one northern state. Read more >>>
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
From activities like hiking, swimming, bike riding and yoga, to restaurants offering healthy menus, Vallarta-Nayarit is the ideal place to continue - or start - your healthy lifestyle routine.