The Amigos de Jaltemba invite you to join them on Wednesday, February 20, for the Jaltemba Hold'em Poker Tournament in La Penita, Nayarit.
Food will be available and refreshments will be served from the full-service bar. There will be 50/50 draws and a lot more.
The tournament will begin at 4:30 and run until about 10:00 pm. Location is at Futbol Rapido and the doors will open at 3:30 pm.
There will be two levels of play, the "Regular" and the "High Rollers," so you can choose your donation entry fee of 300 or 500 pesos per person. If you purchase your tickets prior to February 15, there will be a 50 peso discount.
The ticket price includes your 100 peso entrance, initial buy-in to play the game and also includes 2 drink tickets. There will be an option to purchase re-buys.
If you don't want to play but want to be involved in watching all the fun and competition, you can still support the Amigos with a 100 peso donation entrance fee.
70% of the initial buy-in will be paid to the "winners." There is only space for 250 players, so get your tickets early.
Tickets are available now at Xaltemba Restaurant and at the Los Amigos Tianguis Booth on Thursday from 8:00 until 11:00 am (NW corner of the plaza).
Futbol Rapido Event Center is located in La Penita de Jaltemba. There's not much parking available, so you might want to take a taxi.
Funds raised will be used by Amigos de Jaltemba in our ongoing projects to improve the Jaltemba Bay area:
• Our Education Committee has completed a number of projects at local schools – ranging from repairing a wall that was a danger to students to building an entirely new kindergarden.
• We are currently providing Scholarships to 36 high-school aged students - not only enabling these young people to continue their education but building tomorrow's community leaders.
• Our Recycling Program is removing 4,000 kilos of plastics a month from the communities in Jaltemba Bay – and having a huge environmental impact.
• In the area of Economic Development, we have initiated a Buy Local Campaign and worked with other community partners to put a microcredit program in place to help individuals start new businesses.
• We turned a rock-strewn field into a place for children to play (the EcoPark) – and for residents to come together for community events.
• Our Cleanup Committee was instrumental in organizing a number of beach clean-ups and spearheading an effort to remove derelict buildings from the beach.
Join us on February 20 for an evening of fun, all for a great cause.
Edited by Team Angels
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
If you would like to donate directly to the non-profits in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit, here are some suggestions you may want to consider to help our local communities in this time of greatest need.