Gay Business Owners Working Group Formed in Puerto Vallarta
Gay PV Magazine
February 27, 2013
The inaugural meeting will take place at 2:30 pm on March 4, 2013, at Almar Resort (formerly Meza del Mar Hotel).
Puerto Vallarta's gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered business owners and businesses that cater to the LGBT community are joining forces to create a Gay Business Working Group to support gay-friendly businesses, develop parallel strategies to promote the city.
The new business group was formed by owners and staff of 5 local companies that serve the LGBT community including GayPV Guide, RK Supplements, Mijo! Brands, RHOM Design and Video Diva Productions.
The fledgling Puerto Vallarta Gay Business Working Group will have several mandates:
• To provide a networking platform that supports the development of LGBT businesses.
• To enhance and improve the image of the GLBT community in Puerto Vallarta's business community.
• To educate and collaborate with local enterprise and government to create opportunities across the city.
• Create strategies to strengthen the destination's positioning as a world class LGBT friendly resort.
• To enhance the experience of the LGBT visitor to Puerto Vallarta by promoting excellence in service delivery.
The Gay Business Working Group will be open to the public, GLBT businesses and non-profit organizations and the inaugural meeting will take place at 2:30 pm on March 4, 2013, at Almar Resort (formerly Meza del Mar Hotel) at Amapas 380 in Old Town Vallarta.
Facilitated by Daniel Gomez and Oscar Moran, the meeting will feature participants from:
• Almar Resort - Information on the new 5 star resort being developed at the south end of Los Muertos beach.
• GayPV Guide - News and entertainment website launch.
• PV Gay Social Media Alliance - Diversity promotion strategy for the city.
• RK Supplements - PV Gay Pride 2013.
• SETAC - An update on the LGBT center and its services.
• Video Diva Productions/Promotions/Publicity - New video project in collaboration with GayPV.
The 2 hour meeting will include a greet and meet session and 7 5-minute presentations each followed by a brief Q&A before breaking up into work groups to provide an opportunity for participants to listen in on or join one of the various discussions.
The organizers are optimistic that the new working group will succeed in promoting the diversity of needs of the local LGBT business community.
Subsequent meetings are to be held bi-weekly.
For more information on the Puerto Vallarta Gay Business Working Group, please contact Bill Hevener at firstname.lastname@example.org or Daniel Gomez at email@example.com.
Learn more about ACT LGBT Association of Commerce & Tourism