Go Pink for October with Vallarta Adventure's Breast Cancer Support Program
October is breast cancer awareness month and Vallarta Adventures lends their support in donating a portion of your ticket purchases to this great cause.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM), also referred to in America as National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM), is an annual international health campaign organized by major breast cancer charities every October to increase awareness of the disease and to raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure. The campaign also offers information and support to those affected by breast cancer.
NBCAM was founded in 1985 as a partnership between the American Cancer Society and the pharmaceutical division of Imperial Chemical Industries (now part of AstraZeneca, producer of several anti-breast cancer drugs). The aim of the NBCAM from the start has been to promote mammography as the most effective weapon in the fight against breast cancer.
In 1993 Evelyn Lauder, Senior Corporate Vice President of the Estée Lauder Companies founded The Breast Cancer Research Foundation and established the pink ribbon as its symbol, though this was not the first time the ribbon was used to symbolize breast cancer. In the fall of 1991, the Susan G. Komen Foundation had handed out pink ribbons to participants in its New York City race for breast cancer survivors.
Now you can help and have fun doing it with all the varied activities offered by Vallarta Adventures with a donation from you included in every ticket purchase in October.
Adventures range from mild to extreme, so there is something for everybody. Here's a sampling of some choices:
• Swim with Dolphins & Sea Lions in Vallarta - Experience an intimate encounter with Pacific Bottlenose Dolphins at our Dolphin Adventure Center. We offer a wide range of heart-warming, educational and interactive programs geared towards dolphin and sea lion lovers of all ages and abilities... there is no better place in Vallarta to experience swimming with dolphins and sea lions.
• Extreme Zip Line Adventure - Enjoy thrilling rides on a series of zip lines, including Mexico's longest and fastest, an exhilarating off road ride in a Polaris® UTV and much, much more. Be as EXTREME AS YOU WANT TO BE, since all activities are completely optional - making the adventure a perfect day, with family fun for everyone.
• Rhythms of the Night - As night falls, Las Caletas is transformed into a magical paradise, the ultimate backdrop for our exclusive event, Rhythms of the Night - an amazing voyage that will transport you to a mystical and spiritual land that time forgot.
• Las Caletas Beach Hideaway - Las Caletas was once the private home of film director John Huston who considered it one of the most beautiful places in the world. Nestled in a secluded nature preserve on the southern shores of Banderas Bay, Las Caletas is now Vallarta Adventures' own exclusive tropical beach hideaway.
• Outdoor Adventure - An ecological rollercoaster ride fully loaded with excitement, challenges, and non-stop fun. A fast boat ride, hiking, rappelling, zip lining, mule riding and hanging bridges, it's no wonder that many people have referred to the experience as one of the greatest adventures on earth.
• Marietas Eco Discovery - On our trip to the Marietas Islands, everyone anxiously awaits the spotting of dolphins and whales but the ocean is also home to a plethora of majestic giant manta rays, sea turtles and exotic tropical fish. Cruise, swim, snorkel & kayak this eco wonderland.
• Scuba Diving - The warm, crystal-clear waters of Banderas Bay and the Mexican Pacific are home to a vast array of sea life making Puerto Vallarta one of Mexico's top diving destinations. Our professional diving instructors combine their expertise with the utmost personal attention in scuba lessons for every level of PADI Certification.
• Off-Road Adventure - Get off the beaten path and explore the real Mexico. Celebrate the wealth of natural resources and breathtaking scenery of this area - we'll travel by Unimog into the remote Mexican Outback and uncover the ecosystem and wildlife of the Sierra Madre.
But that's not all that is offered by Vallarta Adventures. Visit San Sebastian, Sierra Madre South, Yelapa & Majahuatas; take a Sea Safari; go Sailing; experience Air Adventure; book a whale watching tour, and even more.
Visit Vallarta Adventures for the complete list and more information.
We hope you will purchase tickets and help change lives.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!