La Cruz, Nayarit is a charming fishing village to tourists. Sixty percent of its residents live in third world conditions.
The commissioner and local teachers plan to offer the kids of La Cruz de Huanacaxtle a 3 week summer camp costing $3.33 US per child that includes visual, music and physical education emphasizing ecology and environmental love.
• Recycled materials Art Projects
• Choral and flute ensembles
• Soccer and swimming sports
• Hawaiian Dancing making natural fiber costumes
The culminating activity will take place in our plaza with the children showing the town population what they have learned.
What We Need
Our goal is to provide flutes, notebooks, paint, brushes, soccer balls, t-shirts and other necessities so that the children learn and have fun. With 187 donations of 11 dollars we will reach our goal of $2057.00 dollars.
• Share this with your family, friends and educators
• This project is supported by Amigos de La Cruz
• Create community environmental consciousness
• Provide children the opportunity to engage in the arts and physical activity
• Expose children to constructive educational environments
• Help children to enjoy learning
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can't contribute, but that doesn't mean they can't help: Send this message to everyone you know!!!
Music - 4245.00 pesos(Office Depot prices)
• 50 flautas soprano escolar 2900.00/flutes
• 25 cuadernos pautados 650.00/notebooks
• 1 paquete de marcadores para pintarrón 149.00/whiteboard markers
• 10 cajas de lápices 299.00/pencils
• 25 sacapuntas 247.00/sharpeners
Visual Arts - 2730.00 pesos(Office Depot prices)
• 20 paquetes de tempera c/6 $760.00/tempera paint
• 10 paquetes de pinceles c/3 $145.00/brushes
• 2 paquetes de cartulina opalina c/100 $212.00/paper
• 3 paquetes de hojas blancas c/500 $159.00/white paper
• 1 paquete de marcadores para pintarrón $149.00/whiteboard pens
Sports - 2645.00 pesos(Walmart and Mecado Libre prices)
• 5 balones profesionales 1145.00/soccer balls
• 20 aros para entrenamiento 520.00/markers
• 20 conos 580.00/cones
• 20 platos 400.00/plates
Additional needed equipment
• 45 garrafones de agua 450.00/drinking water
• 4 escobas 100/brooms
• 50 bolsas para basura 225.00/garbage bags
• Caja de detergente 334.00/detergent
• 2 liquido limpiador multiusos 10lt 250.00/cleaner
As of this writing, we have raised $667 USD raised by 13 people in 8 days, 32% funded with 23 days left. Our goal is $2,057 USD.
You can help make it happen. To check the current campaign success, go to Project Verano or to help send a child to summer camp, make your contribution here.
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We'd like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events for our calendar, please send them here.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
If you would like to donate directly to the non-profits in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit, here are some suggestions you may want to consider to help our local communities in this time of greatest need.