One of the many reasons that Puerto Vallarta is a comfortable choice for many foreign investors entering into the Mexican real estate market is that our area has both an American and Canadian consulate.
While living in Puerto Vallarta is extremely secure, having a consulate close at hand can be both convenient and helpful. Here are some ways that your consulate can assist you.
• Voting assistance when voting in a federal election from Mexico.
• Passport services including renewals, emergency replacements, declaration in lieu of guarantor (Canada), name changes and emergency travel documents.
• Notarial services including certified copies, legal signatures and legal declaration packages.
• Birth Abroad Report (Canada only, for Americans to register a birth abroad they must work with the U.S. Consulate General in Guadalajara)
• Emergency services including attorney referrals, medical referrals, assistance in the case of detainment by the police and assistance in case of large-scale emergency.
For most, consular emergency services are not something that will ever be needed, but if you are considering buying a home in Puerto Vallarta or Riviera Nayarit, the ability to deal with passport issues, have documents authenticated, and voter assistance right here in Banderas Bay can be extremely convenient.
The Consular Agency of Canada is located in Plaza Peninsula in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone and the US Consular Agency is located in Paradise Plaza in Nuevo Vallarta.
Since 1997, Tropicasa Realty has been a trusted name in Puerto Vallarta real estate. Integrity, professionalism and sustainability are three words that characterize our entire real estate agency team. Tropicasa real estate agents understand that for most, buying or selling a property in Mexico is a completely new experience, but our goal is to make the process simple for our clients. Sharing all of our years of experience, we will support you through the entire real estate process so you can make an informed decision.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
If you would like to donate directly to the non-profits in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit, here are some suggestions you may want to consider to help our local communities in this time of greatest need.