Panga/Fishing Boat by Marcela Bernal, Puerto Vallarta
Dear Friends of The Chacala Cultural Foundation,
We have just completed a very successful Fall Artist Residency in Chacala, Nayarit, Mexico. Take a moment to watch this terrific video summarizing the event, the artists, the workshops and the exhibits: Artist Residency Video.
Four Mexican & one American artist participated for two weeks, culminating in an exhibition and artist reception at Mar de Jade, followed by a public exhibition in the Plaza the following day.
There was also a wonderful Children's Art Workshop for 40 children from Chacala and Altavista. You can see the event here: ChacalArt Kids Workshop for Chacala & Altavista.
The 2016-17 Chacala Music and Arts Festival continues as ChacaLit concluded this week with readings and book signings by five writers, after two weeks of writing and workshops, as you can see here:.
The calendar for this season's events is available on the Music & Arts Festival homepage.
All of these events are made possible thanks to the support of friends like you, by attending the ticketed events and fundraiser concerts. Nevertheless, we need donations as well in order to book the bands, support the artists and writers, provide workshops for children and adults, and provide the infrastructure for the Palm Grove festival.
You can support the festival in several ways:
• A monthly donation that fits your budget, providing sustaining funds throughout the year
• A $50 Amigo Membership, supporting the various events
• A $100 donation that supports the educational music and art workshops for children, both in Chacala and surrounding communities
• A $500 Sponsorship for an artist to participate in the Winter Artist Residency, providing accommodations and daily support
• A $1000+ Patron donation that sponsors headliner bands and opening acts for the Main Stage at the Music and Arts Festival in March. You can be listed as Sponsor of the band, or support anonymously.
Please DONATE NOW in one of two ways:
• Click here to make a donation online. (There is an ACH/Bank Transfer option next to the credit card icons, which avoids credit card fees)
- OR -
• Send a check to: Chacala Cultural Foundation, P.O. Box 3538, Evergreen, CO 80437
Please note that the tax year ends this month, so this is a great time to support the Festival!
Thank you so much for all your past support, and for making a donation to the Fourth Annual Chacala Music and Arts Festival!
Jerry Van Eeckhout, Chairman
The Chacala Cultural Foundation
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We'd like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events for our calendar, please send them here.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!