Volunteers Needed for Amigos de La Cruz Children's Dental Clinic
The Dental Team needs your help!
On January 19, the dental team of 18 dentists and assistants are coming from the USA (Idaho, California and Arizona) to offer free dental work for the primary (elementary) school children that were screened by Dr Alex in November.
This is the tenth year the Academy of LDS Dentists is coming to the Bay of Banderas. This is the second year that Amigos de La Cruz has worked with the Academy. The clinic will operate January 23-26 (Mon-Thurs) at La Cascada.
Here's the Schedule:
• Thurs, Jan 19 - Meet with Shirley McGrath to sweep and straighten out the former La Cascada restaurant, site of clinic
• Fri, Jan 20, 10 AM to 2 PM - help Dental Team unpack boxes and equipment at La Cascada
• Mon, Jan 23, 8 AM - Dental Team arrives to start the day
• Clinic runs from 9 AM to 4 - 5 PM, with 1 hour break for lunch
• Mon, Jan 23, 6 PM - Dental Team to attend the Variety Show: a benefit for the Amigos Medical Program. Please join us!
• Tues, Jan 24, 8 AM to 5 PM
• Wed, Jan 25, 8 AM to 5 PM
• Thurs, Jan 26, 8 AM to Noon and pack up
How is your help needed?
1. Provide lunches & refreshments Monday thru Thursday for this amazing Team. Make it yourself, make it with friends, or sponsor a lunch to be delivered from one of our fabulous La Cruz restaurants.
2. Offer one or more days to Shirley McGrath, the Volunteer Coordinator, to assist with the Clinic by offering your services to clean equipment, assist Dr. Gordon, walk with the children to/from school to La Cascada. Contact is Shirley McGrath at email@example.com.
3. Dr Croft needs a dental assistant - you don't need to be a trained assistant.
It's one way for us to say Bienvenidos (Welcome) to our lovely LaCruz and Muchas Gracias for caring about 'Our' children.
For more information contact Amy Welch by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, US telephone is (503) 516-4757 or Mex Cell is (322) 120-1078.
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We'd like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events for our calendar, please send them here.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!