|Spotlight on National Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month by SPCA-PV|
Janice Gonzalez - SPCA-PV
April 5, 2017
This from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals: "…the humane organization marks the month of its 1866 founding with 30 days dedicated to shining a spotlight on both the milestones achieved by animal lovers and the work that still lies ahead."
To observe Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month the ASPCA suggests:
• Lending a helping hand to homeless animals in your home town by volunteering at a local animal shelter.
• Raising awareness as you raise funds for the sake of our pals with paws by hosting or taking part in a special event.
• Spreading the word about the pet holiday with a purpose via social media.
Other ideas for commemorating Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month include:
• Being a conscientious consumer. Before purchasing a product, find out if it’s cruelty-free.
• Remembering to choose the option of adoption if you are pondering the possibility of becoming a pet parent. Approximately 3.4 million cats and kittens find themselves in the shelter system each year, where 1.4 million face their fate. The sad statistics also state that 3.9 million dogs enter U.S. shelters annually, with 1.2 million losing their lives.”
Another successful spay/neuter clinic was held on Isla Cuale this past weekend. Thanks to donations from a previous clinic sponsored by the SPCA and other donations specifically for this clinic, we are happy to report that 78 animals were sterilized. Special thanks to H. Lassnik and Sharon Rose. And I understand that some special thanks are in order to Janice Chatterton who donated lunch from Casa Kimberly for the staff and volunteers. We understand everyone was very well fed!
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We'd like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events, please send them here.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
From activities like hiking, swimming, bike riding and yoga, to restaurants offering healthy menus, Vallarta-Nayarit is the ideal place to continue - or start - your healthy lifestyle routine.