|'WiFi for Yelapa High' Fundraiser by Vallarta CoWork|
Chase Buckner - Vallarta CoWork
|go to original
April 26, 2017
Vallarta CoWork has recently expanded our wifi network into the village of Yelapa, enabling individuals and businesses in the community to virtually co-work with us from across the bay. Part of the plan is to set up the High School & Middle School (they share a building) with great internet as well.
We will be donating all the equipment to get them connected as well as their monthly access, providing them with free, fast, and reliable access to the internet; however, the computer lab where they access the internet could use some serious help. Out of about 20 computers, only 5 work.
With your donations, we plan to fix the computers that are salvageable and replace the broken computers with new Rasberry Pi V3 computers (approximately $70usd per computer) as well as replace any broken monitors/keyboards.
All of your donations will be used for the following:
• Purchase any needed elements to fix salvageable computers already at Yelapa High School
• Purchase new Raspberry Pi V3 computers to replace as many broken computers as possible
• Purchase new monitors & keyboards needed for Raspberry Pi computers
• Purchase the plane ticket for our tech to fly down to help install the network at the Yelapa High School computer lab and fix salvageable computers
• Any excess donations will be given to the school for other supplies they need
For more information and to donate, visit GoFundMe.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
From activities like hiking, swimming, bike riding and yoga, to restaurants offering healthy menus, Vallarta-Nayarit is the ideal place to continue - or start - your healthy lifestyle routine.