Don't cook! Simply contact Just Damn Good Food and they will deliver your meals direct to your home or office Monday-Friday in and around Old Town Puerto Vallarta.
Our delivery area currently covers Centro, Zona Romantica/Old Town, Amapas, Caloso, Canoas and Remance in Puerto Vallarta.
We now also offer delivery in the Fluvial/Pitillal area on Tuesdays & Thursdays from our second kitchen in Pitillal.
With new menu selections daily, you can choose such delicious options such as Honey Mustard Chicken Avocado Bacon Salad, Smoky Chipotle Sloppy Joes, Chicken & Dumplings, Smothered Chicken Breast and Asian Noodle Salad. Most menu items are under 100 pesos and you can also order dessert such as Apple Crisp, Zucchini Chocolate Brownie and Apple Spice Cake (around 40 pesos).
There is also a complete Vegan menu that we are just re-opening on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are looking forward to trying and offering, again, our vegan dishes to the vegan/vegetarian community.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
1) We are a delivery only kitchen. We do not offer sit down dining or pick up/take out at the moment.
2) Our Menu changes daily, however, more popular dishes may be made available daily and/or simply more frequently. We are currently a small kitchen (and staff) and only make a certain quantity of dishes as it is hard to anticipate what will be ordered or not (and particularly with summer season upon us) and once a menu item is gone, it is gone for the day (we recommend ordering early). You can order via private message to us or in the comment section below each days menu on our Facebook pages below. To call in your order, you can do starting at 11:00 am. Our phone is shut off until then to allow us to prep, etc without too many interruptions.
3) Our meals are made fresh each day from whole, natural foods. We use natural ingredients for our homemade dressings, sauces, soups, etc. (example, if one of our recipes calls for condensed cream of mushroom soup, we make it ourselves, it does not come from a store bought box or can!).
4) We source our supplies from local markets, growers, etc to help support local businesses and the community in which we live and work ourselves.
5) Due to many of our customers being on restrictive salt diets for whatever reason, we try and limit salt amounts in our cooking and leave adding more to each individuals taste/preference to themselves when they eat it. It is easy to add salt but not remove it once in the dish! So please, before contacting us and commenting the dish needed salt, now you know why, and add some yourself next time!
6) We do not use styrofoam containers, all our packaging is aluminum, plastic and/or paper (many containers we send are reusable at home as well). We try to be as eco-friendly with our packaging as allowed by what we can obtain/have access to here in the area. We're not perfect in it perhaps, or 100% as we would like to be, but are better than a majority that still use styrofoam, etc containers/packaging.
7) We are open to suggestions of dish requests, if there is a type of dish you would like to see offered, let us know...we can't read minds and if you are hungry for it, most likely so are others. Send us a private message and we can see what can be done to add a specific dish or type (more indian, middle easter, mediterranean, italian, american, etc).
A little background: Nikola has lived in Puerto Vallarta for over 10 years with his wife and three children. He is Hungarian and his wife is Greek. "I have worked in the kitchen since a boy with my mother at her restaurant. JDGF started from the push of several friends and frustration of choices available particularly for lunch outside of tacos, etc and decided to start JDGF with a daily rotating menu Mon-Fri and for delivery only as my family is first and foremost in my life and doing a delivery only service allows for the balance of work and my family."
The Just Damn Good Food website (may still be experiencing technical issues), but you can check for the daily specials on JDGF Facebook page or JDGF Vegan Facebook page. Telephone is (322) 150-8272 (cellular).
Just Damn Good Food is for people with little time to cook but who have a big love for home style food and we pride ourself in creating and delivering wholesome homemade meals for your health, convenience and enjoyment.
Editor's note: From our experience, you'll enjoy great food, affordable prices, generous servings and delivered on time with a smile - it's damn good!
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We'd like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events for our calendar, please send them here.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
If you would like to donate directly to the non-profits in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit, here are some suggestions you may want to consider to help our local communities in this time of greatest need.