On Friday, December 15, Roberta Valdez, owner of Alegre Tours, is offering a one-day tour of the charming Mexican towns of Mascota and Talpa for just $115 usd. A portion of each registration will benefit PuRR Project ~ muchas gracias, Roberta!
The tour will start and end in Puerto Vallarta, departing at 7:00 am and returning approximately 7:00 pm. Our air-conditioned luxury bus will first stop in Mascota for a buffet breakfast and some sightseeing, then we’re off to Talpa, an amazing town where we'll see the museum of the Virgin of Talpa.
• A traditional "Old Mexico" town with colonial haciendas, cobbled streets, a central plaza and fabulous cheese and honey.
• You will also visit their majestic town church which took over 100 years to construct, was completed in 1800, and is dedicated to Virgin de los Dolores (Virgin of Sorrows).
• You will visit the church where a small status of the Virgin "Rosario of Talpa" is said to have healing powers. We'll also visit the Museum of the "Rosario of Talpa." There was no human intervention in the restoration of the image, if history can be believed, the transformation had to be supernatural, divine or spontaneous combustion mixed with staunch faith.
• You'll see how the famous candy Guava Roll is made, plus craft articles made out of chewing gum. This is not a sweet gum, it is derived from the Chitle tree which grows locally, more commonly known as "Chiclet."
• You will not see many tourists there, so a very clean, laid back and quiet town awaits your visit, however on Sundays you will see the devotion the country's people have to this beloved Virgin of Talpa.
• Buffet breakfast in Mascota
• Private luxury coach transportation with Air, Bath and TV
• Museum entrance fees
• Guided walking tours
• Personal bi-lingual escort the entire trip
• Free time to walk the plazas, do some shopping and have a late lunch/early dinner
Yes, it’s a long time until December, but the bus is already half full, so don’t procrastinate! Contact Roberta at email@example.com for more info and to receive the registration form.
We look forward to having you on this interesting, fun tour!
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We'd like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events for our calendar, please send them here.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
If you would like to donate directly to the non-profits in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit, here are some suggestions you may want to consider to help our local communities in this time of greatest need.