Urgent: Blood Donations Needed in Puerto Vallarta to Save a Life
The U.S. Consular Agency of Vallarta is requesting blood donations of B-Negative or O-Negative for an American citizen, Herbert M. Heinstein, who is still hospitalized at Amerimed Hospital. The local blood banks have no stock of the blood he needs.
We are urgently seeking blood donations.
The blood bank is located at San Javier Marina Hospital – Across from the Maritime Terminal in Vallarta. They are open from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Donations should be made in the name of Herbert Heinstein.
Basic requirements for blood donors are as follows:
• Over 18 years old - maximum age 65 years old
• Weight at least 50 kilos
• Good health (meaning donor feels well, can perform normal activities and has no chronic conditions)
• No alcohol beverages in the past 48 hours
• Fasting for a minimum of 4 hours and no more than 8 hours.
Do not donate blood if:
• Have AIDS or a positive HIV test, Hepatitis, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Papiloma, Chagas Disease, Herpes or engage in high risk sex.
• Have any of the following conditions that can be signs-symptoms of HIV: Unexplained weight loss or night sweats, blue or purple spots in your mouth or on your skin, swollen lymph nodes for more than one month, white spots or unusual sores in your mouth, cough that will not go away, diarrhea that will not go away, fever.
• Have used drugs, steroids, hormones
• Have had vaccines, antibiotics and some medications in the last month
• Have had sexual contact with more than three people in the last five years
• Are male who has had sexual contact with another male
• Have tattoos on your body
• Are pregnant or menstruating
If there are any questions, please call the blood bank at San Javier Hospital, telephone (322) 226-1010.
Please show up at the Hospital after fasting, but call the blood bank in advance to confirm an appointment.
Important Note: If you donate blood, please call the American Consular Agency at (322) 222-0069 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com, so that the donation can be verified with the local blood bank, and will be assigned to Herbert Heinstein.
Thank you in advance for your donations. If you can't help, maybe you have friends or family that can, so please pass the word.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!