Our American Legion Post 14 of Puerto Vallarta has been really busy around Banderas Bay during these summer months helping many of our non-profits with weekly projects in various locations.
One of the main methods Post 14 contributes to the community is through various fundraising efforts. Another way we help is to provide necessary resources and manpower to improve various institutions in the Banderas Bay area.
These institutions include Day Care Centers, Senior Citizens Homes, Schools for the Disabled and Deaf, Public Schools in rural areas and other private institutions needing building maintenance.
American Legion Post 14 Members Donald Shingler, Community Relations Manager; Ed Griffin, Chief Financial Officer; Jim Mawdesley, Treasurer; and Dennis Rike, Commander
Dinia, American Legion and Anabel purchasing pinata & candy for Day of the Children Party
The School for the Deaf in San Vicente del Mar, Nayarit, received a lot of needed maintenance on the interior and exterior:
Exterior of School for the Deaf before
Exterior of School for the Deaf after
Ceiling with light hanging
Ad Dalebout, President of the Piratas M.C. (Harley Davidson Riders) installing lights and fans. You might remember they won the Chili Cook-Off
Ceiling with 2 fans and lights installed in both classrooms and plastic on the window area to keep the rain out
The American Legion through the Jay Sadler Project paid for everything and the Piratas M.C. (Harley Davidson Riders) assisted the American Legion.
Busca un Amigo (Project Pitillal) is a child care center for rehabilitation of needy children with Cerebral Palsy. This project included repairing the wall:
Other American Legion Post 14 projects:
• Restored water to bathrooms and rebuilt the sinks and toilets at Boca de Tomatlan Jr. Sr. High School, and also improved the playground.
• Repairing the tile roof at Santa Barbara Rehabilitation Clinic, DIVAC - Ongoing.
• Repair, raise wall & install sidewalk at Busca un Amigo - Still in progress.
• Repairs at Guamuchil playground (10,000. pesos).
• Set up a maintenance program for Aurora playground through DIF - In progress.
• Additional classrooms at School for the Deaf - Ongoing
• Jay Sadler Project: Assist American Legion membership in their desire to fulfill a social contribution to the community of Banderas Bay. Provide necessary resources that enable Military Veterans to actively help various institutions through building maintenance and upkeep. To learn more about this wonderful cause, please contact us.
• Youth Football: TorpedosPV is inviting all children between 7 and 18 years and girls between 7 and 13 to play American football. They still need children, mostly between 7 and 11, all are welcome. They also accept donations for underprivileged children that would like to play but are unable to cover the cost. If you are interested, they can do it by exchange of advertising either in the uniform of the player or putting their promos in the local games that we will have during the season. Thanks from the TorpedosPV. Click here learn more or please contact us.
A big thanks goes out to our Navy League of Puerto Vallarta who have been a great help in all our ongoing projects.
If you are going to be in Puerto Vallarta and would like to help us help the local community, please complete this short volunteer sign-up. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
If you would like to donate directly to the non-profits in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit, here are some suggestions you may want to consider to help our local communities in this time of greatest need.