With Your Help, Banderas Bay Women's Shelter Can Be Completed in 2014
David Zude - Banderas Bay Womens Shelter
December 29, 2013
There is one question that I frequently hear, “When will the shelter be finished?” Up until now I haven't been able to give a definite answer, but now I can.
The roof is going on right now and once it is completed we only need $61,000 U.S. dollars to complete the shelter! The remaining costs, added to what has been already spent on construction will put the total construction cost at just under $2,000,000 pesos or $167,000 U.S. dollars. Only $31/ square foot for a 5,338 square foot structure. This is less than 50% of our construction budget of $4,111,000 pesos!
Donations can be made through Paypal on our website. If you are in Canada or the U.S. and don't wish to donate through Paypal, you can mail a check to: Compassion for the Family, 115 13th Street SE, Altoona, IA, 50009. Those living in the Puerto Vallarta area can donate in person by contacting David at (322) 103-2451 or email@example.com.
• Morter and Cement (Interior and Exterior Stucco) $30,000.00 Pesos $2,500.00 US
• Exterior Doors and Windows (Labor Included) $100,000.00 Pesos $8,333.00 US
• Interior Doors (Labor Included) $90,000.00 Pesos $7,500.00 US
• Tile (Floors, Kitchen and Bathroom) $96,000.00 Pesos $8,000.00 US
• Paint (Interior and Exterior) (Labor Included) $36,000.00 Pesos $3,000.00 US
• Electrical and Plumbing Supplies $110,000.00 Pesos $9,167.00 US
• Toilets and Sinks $5,000.00 Pesos $417.00 US
• Labor (Electrical and Plumbing) $50,000.00 Pesos $4,167.00 US
• Labor (Stucco and Tile) $150,000.00 Pesos $12,500.00 US
Sub Total $667,000.00 Pesos - $55,583.00 US
10% Cost Overrun $67,000.00 Pesos - $5,558.00 US
Total in pesos $734,000.00 - Total in Dollars $61,141 (12:1 peso to dollar)
We thank all our contributors of monetary and material donations and also all the volunteers that have come forward to help us get the Shelter almost to the completion.
Please help us to finish the shelter. Together as a community we can complete the shelter and start serving the women and children in our community who suffer domestic violence on a daily basis.
Learn more about Banderas Bay Women’s Shelter