Run the Race for 'International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking'
To mark the "International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking" (observed on June 26), the Juvenile Integration Center of Puerto Vallarta (CIJ in Spanish) invites children, youths, and adults to Race Against Addictions.
There will also be a family walk in order to benefit physical and mental health, healthy social relationships, as well as thoughts and behaviors that help the self-care and decision-making, through sports; while helping to decrease the development of violent behavior and strengthening the coexistence and family integration.
We hope to see you on Sunday, June 29 at 8:00 am at the Agustín Flores Contreras Sports Unit (across from the Sheraton), where there will also be a Health Fair.
Registration (closes on June 29 at 7:30 am)
• Agustín López Contreras Sports Unit: Alfonso Díaz Santos. Telephone (322) 299-0848 or 222-0490
• Juvenile Integration Center (CIJ) Puerto Vallarta (from Monday to Friday): Durango 479 (corner of Jalisco), Mojoneras. Telephone (322) 290-0555 or 290-0568
• Race: 30 pesos
• Free walk
• Be in good physical and clinic condition to participate in the event.
• Fill in the registration form
• Participate with adequate sport outfit
• It emphasizes the participation of the entire family
• In order to receive the prize you must present a valid ID
• Medal to the first three places in each category and division
• In children's category, there will be a surprise prize for the first three places on male and female division.
• The route covered will be from Agustín López Contreras Sports Unit to Plaza Las Glorias and Holiday Inn.
• Male and female
Start and Finish
• Start time: 8:00 am (for both 2 and 5 Km)
• Start and finish: Agustín Flores Contreras esplanade
Categories & Ages
• Children - 12-14 (2 Km to Plaza Las Glorias)
• Youth - 15-18
• Free - 19-29
• Veteran "A" - 30-34
• Veteran "B" - 35-39
• Veteran "C" - 40-44
• Veteran "D - 45-49
• Veteran "E" - 50 and older
• Walk - All Ages. 2 Km to Plaza Las Glorias
For other race locations throughout Mexico, please visit Juvenile Integration Center online.
Translated by Karla Beatriz Martínez Barrón
Para conmemorar el "Día Internacional de Lucha Contra el Uso Indebido y el Tráfico Ilícito de Drogas" que se celebra el 26 de junio; Centros de Integración Juvenil, A.C. (CIJ), convoca a niños, jóvenes, adultos y adultos en plenitud a la Carrera Contra las Adicciones, en donde también se llevará a cabo una caminata familiar con la finalidad de que a través del deporte se favorezca la salud física y mental, las relaciones sociales saludables, así como pensamientos y conductas que ayudan al autocuidado y a la toma de decisiones, a la vez que ayuda a disminuir el desarrollo de conductas violentas y fortalece la convivencia e integración de la familia.
Te esperamos el domingo 29 de junio a las 8 de la mañana en la Unidad Deportiva Agustín Flores Contreras, en donde también se instalará una Feria de la Salud.
Para inscribirse y contar con mayor información: cij.gob.mx.
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We'd like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events for our calendar, please send them here.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
How You Can Help
Partners for Change
PVAngels.com is a unique blend of community awareness through the posting of local news and events, formal introductions to the charities and their needs, online fundraising, social networking and giving back. Ready to change the world? Join us.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance a more in-depth understanding of critical issues facing the world. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 USC Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information click here. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.