The long awaited ribbon cutting ceremonies for the Vallarta Conservatory of Orchids and Native Plants happened yesterday but that's just a start to the week of festivities at Vallarta Botanical Gardens taking place from December 7-13.
Each day of the opening week is scheduled with activities to delight cultural and botanical explorers of all ages:
• Sunday, 2:00 pm - Meet the Mexican-American artist Esperanza Gama “The inspiration of Mexican Orchids”
• Monday, 2:00 pm - “Botanical Exploration: Orchids of Vallarta’s Cloud Forests (Bob Price)
• Tuesday, 2:00 pm - Meet the artist Esperanza Gama “Biodiversity in Art”
• Wednesday, 2:00 pm - Lecture by T.J. Hartung “The History of Vanilla”
• Thursday, 2:00 pm - Song and piano performances by Vallarta ex-pat musicians Bob Bruneau and Joan Houst
• Friday, 2:00 pm - Meet the artist Esperanza Gama “Amate paper as a magical canvas”
• Saturday, 2:00 pm - Performances by popular Tepic contra-tenor Gabriel Delgadillo
Bob Price, curator and founder of the Vallarta Botanical Gardens is a founding member of the Vallarta Garden Club. He will also be the speaker at our December 18th meeting (11:00 am at No Way Jose! restaurant 5 de Febrero in the Zona Romantica). The topic? Orchids?
We’re so lucky to have this world-class facility here! Let’s all celebrate with a visit to the Gardens this week.
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We'd like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events for our calendar, please send them here.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!