Week of Festivities Leads to CarnavalPV 2016 Parade
Everyone will be in a dancing mood as the CarnavalPV floats get set to coast over the cobblestone streets pumping music into the air on Tuesday night, February 9th starting from the Sheraton Hotel at 8:00 pm.
Children and adults will snap up beads, toys and candy as parade entries hurl goodies to more than 30,000 spectators lining the three-kilometer route.
Event organizers will combine the party spirit with the competitive spirit as judges tally votes for the most creative entry to award the anxiously-awaited 5,000 peso cash prize.
CarnavalPV is more than a parade! We have added a jazz and beer festival, movie screenings, pet parade, mask making workshop and more.
CarnavalPV 2016 Schedule of Events:
• Tuesday, February 2, 10:00 am - Mask Workshop at ArtVallARTa San Franciscan Hotel. Design your own CarnavalPV Mask with the help of our creative team. 300 pesos includes materials.
• Tuesday, February 2, 7:00 until 8:30 pm - Screening of Black Orpheus at ArtVallARTa. Academy Award winner brings the ancient Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice to the twentieth-century madness of Carnaval in Rio. Shown in Portuguese with English subtitles. Free.
• Saturday, February 6, 5:00 until 8:00 pm - Jazz & Beer Festival at The Jazz Foundation on the Malecon at Allende Street. Bourbon street meets the Malecon. Enjoy a late-afternoon of Dixieland Jazz by award-winning bands and specialty beers.
• Sunday, February 7, 10:00 am - Kids & Family Day at Isla Cuale and the Malecon. A day of family fun with mask making at 10:00, special screening of Disney's Princess and the Frog (in Spanish) at 12:00 and kid's parade starting at Hotel Rosita at 4:00.
• Monday, February 8, 6:00 until 8:00 pm - Pet Parade. Hundreds of purebred and mixed breed animals here in Puerto Vallarta are looking for a good home. Check out some of these special animals as they put their best paw forward from the Hotel Rosita to world-famous Los Arcos amphitheatre.
• Tuesday, February 9, 8:00 until 10:00 pm - Annual Mardi Gras Parade. Over 30,000 people will line the three-kilometer route from the Sheraton Hotel to Los Muertos' stunning new pier as part of Puerto Vallarta's largest street celebration. Check out the route and register to be part of the parade.
Participants that have already registered to be in the parade: ArtVallARTa • Singer Elviz Martinez • Reinas Bar • PVRPV.com • Andale • Alas, Escuela de canto • Apaches Martini Bar and Bistro • Casa Karma Boutique Resort • Bar Frida • Miss Francine Peters • Linda's Nail Lounge • La Piazzetta • Villa Savana • Peter McGinnis • No Way Jose! • Grupo Alika Belly Dance • Ladies Outdoor Club Adventures • Puerto Vallarta Gay Men's Chorus • Bomberos de Puerto Vallarta • Banderas Bay Women's Shelter • Fairchild CPA & Tax Advisor, LLC • La Margarita • Wet Dream • Casa Isabel • The Palm Cabaret and Bar • Captain Don's • Paco’s Ranch.
Event locations and times may change. Check CarnavalPV or email email@example.com.
Visit CarnavalPV today to join the parade, get the latest schedule of events and to follow us on facebook.
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We'd like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events for our calendar, please send them here.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!