This card is available to persons who have reached the age of sixty (60), including foreign nationals who have legal residency status in Mexico (Tourist Visa is not acceptable status).
It provides for significant discounts on a number of items, such as bus and domestic airline fares, movies, museums, and some restaurant and retail purchases, including pharmaceuticals.
The card is provided free, and it does not need to be renewed or replaced unless lost. This card serves the same purposes as the card formerly called the INSEN Card.
The senior card is correctly known as a Tarjeta INAPAM (INAPAM Card). INAPAM stands for Insituto Nacional de las Personas Adultas Mayores (National Institute for Older Adults).
Some long distance bus companies give 50% discount, and some domestic airlines do – you need to check first. You can generally get 5% discount at some pharmacies on actual medicines (not toiletries etc). Wherever you go, restaurants, cinema, tourist attraction, it’s always worth showing your card and see if they will give you a discount.
Applications are processed at the DIF office in Puerto Vallarta (formerly in the UNIRSE building) but now located in the former Regional Hospital at Paseo de las Palmas 105 in the Santa Maria colony.
You will need to have original and 1 copy of:
• Current visa (not tourist) back and front on same side of piece of paper
• Birth Certificate (does not need to be translated into Spanish)
• Passport and photocopy of every page, even the blank ones, and both covers
• Proof of your domicile (comprobante de domicilio), which can be satisfied by the presentation of an original and a copy of the most recent electric, water, or telephone bill. They understand that the name of the person on the bill may not be the same as the name of the applicant, i.e., you rent from an owner whose name is on the bill.
• 2 recent photographs, child size (tamañoinfantil).
They will ask you for your address, blood type and an emergency name & number to call in case of accident. You will provide a thumbprint and a signature.
Note: They are currently out of the material to make the cards but plan to have a new supply around March 3, 2017.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
If you would like to donate directly to the non-profits in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit, here are some suggestions you may want to consider to help our local communities in this time of greatest need.