Advocating humane and healthy practices for animals in the Jaltemba area of Mexico, by promoting health, education, sterilization, adoptions, foster care and positive relationships with animals and their owners.
December 2003 to March 2017: During this time, JBAR offered 25 clinics and spayed or neutered 6,485 animals in the Jaltemba Bay Area!
A total of 256 animals arrived at our clinic this week with a total of 240 of this number sterilized. In addition, we had 16 consults for a variety of injuries and procedures including dental, eye and tumour operations plus an attempt to save a large iguana hit by a car. In total, there were 14 adoptions.
• Total Intake of Dogs: 199 Total Number of Dogs Sterilized: 174
• Male Dogs: 72 Female Dogs: 117
• Total Intake of Cats: 67 Total Number of Cats Sterilized: 66
• Male Cats: 28 Female Cats: 39
Many, many thanks to our medical Team From “Pets for Life”
• Dr. Anthony Garcia Carrillo MVZ
• Dr. Poly Lopez MVZ
• Dra. Jimena Lopez
• Jesus Pacheco MVZ
• Leslie Caratachea, Technician
And our Mexi-Can Vet Project Volunteer Medical Team:
• Dr. Diane Cruickshank, Karin Roslele, Danielle Motherwell, Soleil Matteau Gonthier: McKenzie Veterinary Services, Victoria
• Dr.Carolyn Buxton: South Burnaby Veterinary Hospital
• Dr. Jocelyn Chan, Laura Crichton, Jan Werger: Shaughnessy Veterinary Hospital in Port Coquitlam.
• Dr. Chris Collis, Taylor Jackson, Justine Ramsay from Glenview Animal Hospital in Victoria.
• Dr. Loridawn Gordon: Whistler Veterinary Clinic
Special Thanks to our wonderful volunteers (all 89 of you!) who offered loving individual care to our patients during recovery and to all volunteers who helped set up and take down our clinic (an arduous task), those who organized canopies to keep us from melting in the sun, those who worked in reception, those who worked in the in-take and discharge area and all those who participated in any way.....WOW! What a great job you all did!! Thank you!!
Many, many thanks for the delicious and nutritious lunches, snacks and refreshments which kept us all going!
Many thanks to Rodger Murphy for opening his beautiful home to the medical team for a BBQ.
More thanks go out to our Hospitality, Laundry and Transportation volunteers.
Also special thanks to Chely and Freddie at ‘Pop In’ grocery store in Guayabitos for their donation of the canopies which made the recovery area bearable for both patients and volunteers. Many thanks to Hudd and his helpers for putting them up and taking them down along with devising ingenious ways to keep the sun off our volunteers and patients. Not an easy task!
It is thanks to our kind hearted donors that JBAR is able to continue to offer these clinics along with free sterilizations, vaccinations and emergency vet care all year long. Please consider making a donation to help us!
To make a donation to JBAR:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Donations may also be made through mail, direct deposit, email or via our PayPal link on our JBAR’s website.
• Join us on Facebook: Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We'd like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events for our calendar, please send them here.
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!