We all know we live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Puerto Vallarta Garden Club aims to enhance this beauty to attract more tourism and improve the economic well-being of its citizens.
We hope to make PV the Bougainvillea Capital of the World. Our first annual Bougainvillea Festival, in coordination with Restaurant Week, will be May 17-24, 2013.
Puerto Vallarta Garden Club members and friends are making this possible by planting throughout the core of the city primavera and amapas trees with climbing bougainvillea. This legacy created for the near term and also future generations will provide a visual feast and cooling shade.
Each year as the blossoms increase and the trees grow, the word will spread, and as with the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C., the Bougainvillea Festival will draw more and more visitors and we residents will enjoy our city even more.
Sponsorship of commemorative tiles is the largest fund-raiser we currently have. We invite you to consider contacting us, to discuss wording, location and theme on your tile. Up to 5 names can be placed on a tile, so the cost can be shared.
• South side of Basilio Badillo - 5200 pesos
• North side Basilio Badillo - 4200 pesos
• Mercado Area and Avenidas Olas Altas, Mexico, Insurgentes, and Vallarta - 3200 pesos
• Poles are also needed for trees and they can be sponsored for 1000 pesos
• Sponsorship of a bougainvillea plant is 50 pesos
• Most importantly is membership in PV Garden Club - 200 pesos per year.
Our meetings are every third Thursday of the month at 11:00 at the Paradise Community Center. We host guest speakers, the opportunity to volunteer for our projects, and a new place to make and foster friendships.
The opportunity to be a part of creating the foundation for making PV the Bougainvillea Capital of the World is something for which you will feel great pride.
We would love to have you involved in our three upcoming events and everyone is invited:
• Work Party - Wednesday, January 9. We will meet at 10:00 am at the International Friendship Club. Just gather outside on the veranda. The rains have solved many of our concerns, but there is still weeding and pruning and training bougainvillea vines up the poles. Bring a black plastic garbage bag, pruners and gardening gloves. We'll be primarily working in the Mercado area so it will be a good chance for you to see many commemorative tiles already there.
• PVGC Board Meeting - Friday, January 11. We will meet at the Botanical Gardens at 11:00 am. We invite you to attend and watch PVGC governing body in session. You are welcome to contribute, and if things get boring, you can wander through the beautiful botanical garden. Our agenda includes discussion of the Bougainvillea Festival, commemorative tile sales, and plans for a "High Season Party" early in February. Watch for a party invitation soon.
• Monthly Garden Club Meeting - Thursday, January 17. We will meet at 11:00 am at the Paradise Community Center, 127 Pulpito, Zona Romantica. Kimberley Bennett will be our guest speaker. Her topic is "Balcony Plantings in Puerto Vallarta."
For more information or to RSVP, email Suzanne Kirkpatrick, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read related story.
Edited by Team Angels
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!