Fundacion Corazón de Niña A.C. is a registered not-for-profit organization of Mexico that provides a nurturing family environment for at-risk girls and boys of all ages.
At present we have over 100 children and youth (as of November 2019).
We have two homes in Puerto Vallarta - one for the girls and one next door for the boys.
At present, Corazon de Nina is the only residential resource for girls over the age of twelve in Puerto Vallarta.
To provide a loving, nurturing and safe home for at-risk children where they can realize their full potential as happy, confident, fulfilled human beings.
Our philosophy involves a steadfast belief that security, love, values and knowledge are essential to the development of a well-balanced adult. To this end, we provide a home in which our young people are appreciated and loved for who they are, and supported to be all they can be. Our job, like the job of every good parent, is to provide an environment in which a child can grow with security, love, values and knowledge to become a healthy, confident, self-reliant person and thus break the cycle of poverty and abuse.
Corazon de Nina is entirely dependent on its loyal supporters for funding. We receive no stipends from local, state and/or federal governments.
Time, Talent, Treasure...
There are three ways to help at Corazón de Niña… each one is as important and necessary as the others:
• Prepare meals
• Help with house maintenance
• Help with garden care
• Carry out administrative duties
• Shop for food and goods
• Volunteer to help with and/or host a fundraiser
• Plan and carry out activities for the kids
• Help with English homework
• Teach music, art, dance, yoga or handicrafts
• Do finishing construction tasks
• Create an organic garden, landscaping and a fountain
• Interact with and listen to our kids as a friend and mentor
• Make a one-time or monthly donation
• Donate objects that we can utilize or sell
• Sponsor fundraising events at your business
• Donate construction materials for our building project
• Donate money or needed items through your group or service club
What do we need?
We need to grow… there are so many children living in high-risk situations here in Puerto Vallarta that have nowhere to go… in order to receive them we need larger accommodations or another home.
• Bunk beds
• Computers & printers
• Printer paper
• Tables and chairs
• Large wall fans
• Light blankets
• Wardrobe closets/dressers
• Tables for our computer/study center
• A subscription to National Geographic
• Musical instruments for the school band
• Shoes for folkloric dance
• Cement, rebar, mortar and blocks
• Electrical and plumbing materials
• A 15+ passenger van
• Monthly support for expenses of food, books, school equipment, clothes, medicine, transportation, sports, etc.
Thinking of lending a hand?
We encourage you to visit us first at Corazón de Niña if you can, to get a sense of who we are and how you might best participate as a member of our wonderful extended family.
A huge thank you to all of you who continue to work so hard at and contribute so much to Corazón de Niña. We so relish your involvement in our lives. You give us hope. More than that, you give us the confidence and determination to get up each morning and with you, make a difference.
And we do make a difference. Every day we see it in the eyes and smiles and hugs of our children and youth. You are the sun through our days and the stars in our nights. Thank you for being there.
Please choose the appropriate donation page:
Donate United States
Thank you for helping to secure a bright future for our children and youth.
Last updated: February 22, 2020 · Charity ID: 518
Being a Partner for Change can have a different meaning and application to each of us depending on our role, our location, our clients, our relationships. But no matter where you are or who you are, you can be a Partner for Change. Click here to get started today.
|The Kids at Corazon de Nina Shelter Need Your Help|
Corazon de Nina
As we face our global health crisis, we want to take time to say “thank you” for being a supportive friend of your Corazon de Niña family. Because of you, we are able to shelter and transform the lives of over 100 girls and boys. Read more >>>
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
322-217-2401 or 322-888-1999
Contact: Melissa Canez
Calle San Luis Potosi #355
Colonia Primero de Mayo
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48325