The Paradise Church is an English speaking, inter-denominational church in Puerto Vallarta, Mx. "Love God. Love People. Period."
Worship in Paradise offers you a contemporary worship style in English. Come as you are. All are Welcome. Come Worship in Paradise with us!
We are a community of interdenominational faith for expatriates and visitors. Our mission is to serve the local community, lift up the poor and to provide opportunity for North Americans to work helping the poor and disenfranchised.
Whether you are new to the Banderas Bay area, just visiting, or long term folks, we invite you to join us in what God is doing in and through us. Our service features participatory worship songs and practical teaching in a casual atmosphere.
Also join us as we partner with local churches serving hotmeals and teaching English classes.
Mission: Our mission is to serve the local community, lift up the poor and to provide opportunity for North Americans to serve the poor and disenfranchised.
What started as an outreach vehicle for the church (a way to get the church out the door and into the community) has become a nonprofit enterprise in itself involving volunteers from many walks of life and experience. Our nonprofit, CompassioNet Impact, is a registered nonprofit in Canada, USA, and in Mexico.
Our mission is to form strategic partnerships that provide opportunities for people in chronic poverty to transform their lives. Our strategy is to educate, start or stimulate small businesses, create jobs, and strengthen communities among the poor. Our method is to provide volunteers, network with partner organizations, and build "Community Development Centers." Our motivation stems from the Christian worldview that God is concerned for the whole person: physical, emotional and spiritual. Our core values are commitment to the poor, respect, integrity, community, and stewardship of resources-both human and material.
CompassioNet Impact's current initiatives include:
• Home business start-up help - Loans to help single moms start in-home business that provide sustenance and stability for their families.
• English and computer classes - We currently partner with the Rotary Club and others to provide English teachers and classroom assistants at several locations among the poor and disenfranchised, including near the dump and an orphanage.
• Emergency food, medicine and clothing distribution - Some people need more than an opportunity to develop their gifts and talents, they need assistance now.
• Volunteer placement - As part of our vision we will also serve the prosperous by giving them the opportunity to utilize their gifts, talents and experience to serve the less fortunate and volunteer with us and other nonprofits in Puerto Vallarta. We help volunteers find compatible locations and nonprofits in which to serve successfully.
• CompassioNet Travel - North Americans need to learn how to pass on their tremendous wealth and blessings effectively: to give a hand up not just a hand out, to give without enabling poverty, to give while always protecting the receiver's dignity and self-respect. We host church mission teams, business groups, and families that want to "Vacation with Purpose."
Here is how you can partner with us to plant seeds of hope, and some organizations that are part of the CompassionNet Network.
The Power of 10:
Mother Teresa said, "Small things done with great love will change the world." And then proved it to be true. A small thing--just $10--done with great love or numerous lovers becomes the power and influence to make a difference, to change our world.
Your little bit counts. It matters to people like Ramon and his family who have moved from living underneath a tree into a large brick home through CompassioNet Homes. It matters to Lucy, a single mom with three teenaged girls, who now operates a beauty salon in her home through interest-free CompassioNet Loans.
I’m reminded of the story about the man who sees a beach full of starfish that had been washed ashore. He notices a little boy picking up starfish, one at a time, and throwing it back into the sea. The man looks at the boy, looks at the thousands of starfish and comments to the boy, “Compared to the amount of starfish dying on the beach, what you are doing isn’t making a difference.” The boy picks up a starfish, throws it back into the sea and says, "It mattered to that one."
Your $10 matters to someone! A small action, but multiplied by large numbers will make a huge compassionate impact in lives. Real people; a real difference; a changed world for someone. Commit right now to
donate a little bit that will make a huge difference in the lives of the poor and disenfranchised.
Just $10 monthly. Canadian Donations USA Donations
ALL DONATIONS GO DIRECTLY TO PARADISE CHURCH
Being a Partner for Change can have a different meaning and application to each of us depending on our role, our location, our clients, our relationships. But no matter where you are or who you are, you can be a Partner for Change. Click here to get started today.
|Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe Celebrates 101 Years|
Casa Bay Villas
The Our Lady of Guadalupe Church has a long history. It took almost 84 years for the church to become the astounding Puerto Vallarta icon we all know and love today. Read more >>>
We invite you to add your charity or supporting organizations' news stories and coming events to PVAngels so we can share them with the world. Do it now!
US & Canada: 970-372-1370
Pastor Ric Lehman
El Granero Restaurant, C. Fco. I. Madero 333,
Zona Romántica, Emiliano Zapata
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48380
From activities like hiking, swimming, bike riding and yoga, to restaurants offering healthy menus, Vallarta-Nayarit is the ideal place to continue - or start - your healthy lifestyle routine.